Community > Forum > Classic "Others" > Futura Motorhomes > 1974 FORD CONDOR II

CampfireClicks Online Forum

1974 FORD CONDOR II
Last Post 20 Oct 2009 11:01 PM by Motorhomie. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Motorhomie

--
03 Sep 2009 03:28 PM
    I just purchased a 74 Condor II for $1000. Since then I found a set of Alcoa aluminum wheels and tires for $700. This rig will look pretty good for cheap. Next will be the interior. Are there any other Condor owners out there? Would love to here from you. :cool:
    abegmk

--
    07 Sep 2009 10:34 AM
    i just did the same but mine is 77 dodge pioneer
    abegmk

--
    07 Sep 2009 10:36 AM
    1977 dodge sportsman pioneer
    cardwellent

--
    16 Oct 2009 04:44 PM
    Yes, I own a 1973 Condor III Thunderbird model. I am in the process of restoring it. Parts are getting easier to find as I cross reference them through other Ford trucks. I have the complete parts list for ford trucks covering most of the 70's including the m500 series which is the chassis series that the condors where built on from 1973 on. Before these years they were built on the p series chassis. My motorhome has a 390 with a c6 transmission. We have repainted it and have done extensive engine work. The interior has gotten a modern facelift though the design and layout has not changed. Ours has the rear bathroom with a bath tub. Lucky for us we have all the paperwork ie. owners manual, equipment manuals, and updates, including a complete electrical schematic. We are changing the ignition to electronic and changing the intake so that we can install throttle body injection. This is a restore but we are modifying it to get a better running and more efficent motorhome.
    That I know of through extensive searching, we own the only 1973 Condor III that is still on the road. I wish this wasn't so. I would love to have someone that I could exchange information with as this would make repairs and upgrades alot easier.
    Motorhomie

--
    20 Oct 2009 09:58 AM
    Wow! I sure would like to see some pics. My Condor has the 390/C6 combo as well. Both were rebuilt in 2000 and have less than 5000 miles. The 390 was fitted with a 4 barrel holley, supposedly it came out with a 2 barrel carb. Cant imagine that monster motor-home with a 2 barrel on it. We are in the process of getting the brakes to work. The brake fluid has dried up over the years of sitting. I will be in touch.
    Motorhomie

--
    20 Oct 2009 11:01 PM
    OK, I just figured how to flush the brakes on the Condor II. The reservoir for the brakes is located under the dash. It is a reservoir/ brake master unit which feeds the slave/booster. That is located under the frame driver side just behind the transmission. The slave has a bleeder on top, bled that first. Then was able to continue on to the wheel cylinders, furthest from the master first. Now the brakes are awesome. There is a vacuum gauge on the left side of the dash it reads 19 in/hg at idle , but when you apply the brakes the vacuum drops to 10 in/hg. It quickly recovers when put in park. This is a very simple brake system and works very well.

The Onan generator 6.5 KW works excellent and keeps up with electrical demands. The refrigerator works as well, but only when the generator is running. I will have to figure out if I can use an inverter for the fridge. It is huge at least 16 CF.

The dual roof mounted ac units are pretty cool. The rear unit works great putting out 35 degree air. The front unit however does not work so well. The compressor kicks in but the blower does not, furthermore the generator labors a bit too. I will connect to house current to figure out the problem.

The propane tank still has some pressure. The gauge reads 1/4, I will dive into that as soon I transport the Condor tomorrow. It is located about 6 miles from my home. I cant wait to drive it!

Ok I will update as things progress. :)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.